What is it that makes one believe beyond all hope that an event will turn out good? I mean, big things as well, like climate change, an end to hunger and poverty, fair free trading, etc. And, of course that the BlackCaps would beat the Aussies in their game in Grenada last night? Yes, I admit, I am blinded by my obsession with Flemo, but even I could have done better field placement than him last night. What a nightmare! I admit I lasted 11 overs, but apart from the rapid dismissal of Gillie, nothing more came of the NZ bowling, apart from spitfire fours & sixes. This morning (or should that be: mourning?) I got up to see the tail end of the match. But there was nothing to be seen on telly, except some kiddie cartoon characters.
I am going to have a hard time at work this week, however, I did plan for such an unfortunate event by telling people they can save themselves from speaking to me for the rest of the month should the BlackCaps lose. That should shut a few of them up.
Do not doubt my loyalty to the BlackCaps for one second. I am sticking by them. I know the Aussies are only as good as Ponting, but the dear Proteas are at the bottom of my list of preferred home teams. Now that they have got the politics and quota system sorted, they can make an effort to get their cricket up to speed. When it comes to rugby (union), I cheer for any winning team of my mother country and adopted homelands. I am sorry, but AFL does nothing whatsoever for me and I will be a union girl until the day I die.
People might think I fall into the same insane category as someone supporting the Western Stormers or the Bulls. But I like to think I play on a larger stage. Go the BlackCaps and Flemo 4ever - just in case I have not made that point enough yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment